synchronized (this[.classinfo]) in druntime and phobos

Jess Jess.Sandgren at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 10:37:14 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 29 May 2012 at 17:01:01 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen
wrote:

>> druntime is the low-level runtime library of D. This
>> discussion is about
>> high-level class design.
>>

> I should also add that the reason I started this thread was to
> prevent common locking errors induced by the anti-patterns
> synchronized causes. If you're calling *anything* in the
> core.memory module, I sure hope you know what you're doing in
> general.
>
> I really don't think these two issues are connected at all.

ok, maybe I read too much into your statement below? it sounded
as if you wanted to ban this usage from druntime?

Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
"I've seen several occurrences of synchronized (this) and
synchronized
(this.classinfo) in both druntime and phobos by now. I propose
that we
officially ban these patterns with extreme prejudice."