synchronized (this[.classinfo]) in druntime and phobos

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed May 30 02:28:22 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-30 00:06, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

> *I like the one in Smalltalk or Obj-C. Also I think exposing type-tag as
> ordinal (index inside one global master v-table) instead of pointless
> _hidden_ v-table pointer could be interesting in certain designs.
> Another idea is to try tackling multi-methods via some form of
> compressed 2-stage v-table. (my recent work on generalized tries in D
> sparked some ideas)

I like that classes are first class citizens in Objective-C and Ruby.
Class methods instead of static methods. Easily extendable from outside
the class. But I still like to have the "class" and "interface" keywords.

Would this solve the problem with const:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3

--
/Jacob Carlborg