Exception/Error division in D

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Wed May 30 06:36:08 PDT 2012

On 30.05.2012 17:28, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-05-30 12:59, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>
>> Yes, which is why it's better to have an Error thrown rather than a halt
>> instruction be executed. But that doesn't mean that any attempt at
>> cleanup is
>> any more valid.
>
> If you're not supposed to be able to catch Errors then what's the
> difference?

Having half-flushed/synced database file is no good. I've had pleasure
of restoring such things by hand. Trust me, you DON'T want it.

A common technique that can kick start half-flushed binary file is
appending certain amount of zeros until it "fits". Depending on
structure it may need more then that.

--
Dmitry Olshansky