DConf 2013 on kickstarter.com: we're live!

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 14:42:44 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 19:35:35 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2012-11-01 20:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> Hoping is good, making it happen is even better. Does anyone
>> have the equipment and expertise to help with video recording?
>
> Funny thing. Most video clips from conferences I've seen are
> fairly poor quality. I don't know if it's the recording or the
> compression after it been uploaded. But these days many phones
> have pretty good cameras, like 1080p.

  I have some expertise & some equipment; But I plan on getting
more shortly anyways (and could run it too).

  Something to consider is encoding the videos and could ship them
on dvd/blueray. Hmmm, with dvd it would have to be avi/mkv's
while on blueray if the options allow could use the player rather
than having a computer file format, then it's only a matter of
time before I can have them all burned.

  On the other hand, if we have something like 1000 people wanting
discs, it might be possible to have them made once we make the
original (course the minimum may be 50,000 which wouldn't be an
option at this time).

  But if we consider almost everyone has the internet and youtube
is available and allows HD and long submissions for this type of
stuff that quickly seems like a silly option.