Scaling Scala Vs Java

so so at so.so
Fri Nov 2 03:09:09 PDT 2012

On Friday, 2 November 2012 at 04:33:33 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>
>> I have a dream that one day there will be a guy with the ID
>> philobear discussing D-related stuff on Java and Scala forums.
>
> It's very important to look at how other very good languages
> solve common problems :-)

While i like many of your posts on different languages, there are
also too much noise. I now realize that noise cost me a great
deal. After nearly 10 years of programming i finally gave a try
to lisp, just because of a phrase "programmable programming
language".

This might offend some people but i have to say regardless. Lisp
is the most beautiful language i have seen. If i didn't need a
system language there would be no reason for me to drop
everything else but only use it.

It took me 10 years to get to know it because of no advertisement
and the noise and the hatred generated by 1000s other random
languages that cater mediocre programmers and the "business".

Because of similar reasons, i worry about D's future too. When a
language is powerful, it creates programmers that is not
replaceable and we know it is not a good thing.