A little Py Vs C++

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 10:57:41 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 18:06:21 UTC, Peter Alexander
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 October 2012 at 23:04:15 UTC, bearophile wrote:
>>
>> The thread contains some sad comments:
>
> It's unfortunate that there's still bad press circulating about
> a situation that is long gone. I suppose you just have to try
> and ignore those people.
>
> A more interesting comment is this one:
>
> "But the real problem here is that in order to achieve even
> that, the complexity and amount of concepts you have to deal
> with in C++11 is mind boggling."
>
> The same is true in D. Well-written D code often does look
> rather elegant, but the amount of understanding needed to write
> beautiful D code is staggering.

I think that is the case of any multi-paradigm language. It is
already enough to allow both functional and OO style of
programming to have hundreds of things to think about... That is
exactly one of the major reasons why people prefer Java over
other languages...