D vs C++11

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Nov 2 15:47:22 PDT 2012

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 14:53:05 -0700
Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 11/2/2012 2:33 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > I said the gap is getting thinner, not that is gone. It got
> > foreach, some form of CTFE, static assert, lambda to mention a few
> > new features.
>

> No ranges. No purity. No immutability. No modules. No dynamic
> closures. No mixins. Little CTFE. No slicing. No delegates. No
> shared. No template symbolic arguments. No template string arguments.
> No alias this.

No proper modules. No properties. Slow compilation. No reference
semantics for classes. No scope guards. Little default initialization.
Goofy ptr and func-ptr declaration syntax. Goofy rules about what
is/isn't virtual. Lots of undefined behavior. Forward declarations.

Things I'm not entirely certain about:

No IFTI? No polysemous literals? No finally?