D vs C++11

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Nov 3 04:38:24 PDT 2012

On 2012-11-02 23:47, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> No proper modules. No properties. Slow compilation. No reference
> semantics for classes. No scope guards. Little default initialization.
> Goofy ptr and func-ptr declaration syntax. Goofy rules about what
> is/isn't virtual. Lots of undefined behavior. Forward declarations.

I've read Scott Meyer's Effective C++. On one of the first few pages it
says something: "C++ can be hard, but if you think of it as three
separate languages it much easier. One for the imperative, C inherited
part, one for the object oriented part and one for the template part".

With that statement it's no turning back. It can never be a good
language it can only become worse, no feature in the world can make up
for that.

--
/Jacob Carlborg