D vs C++11

Froglegs lugtug at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 10:48:28 PDT 2012

  I'm not convinced D has caught up to C++ yet from a usability
standpoint, as the tools are still quite bad(VisualD -not- fun).

  But the other day I tried out MonoD and it shows promise, auto
completion is solid, and it seems to have at least some of the
features I've come to expect from using Visual C++ with Visual
Assist. Its still behind though, perhaps in another year?

  Ideally VisualD would support the completion/reflection stuff
MonoD has, and that would be a pretty awesome package that I
think would attract many more developers.