D vs C++11

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Nov 3 16:25:04 PDT 2012

On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 07:14:18PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 16:12:44 -0700
> "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
>
> > I don't even use syntax highlighting
>
> Now that's hard-core!

I've *tried* using it before, mind you. I just found the colors more
distracting than helpful.

But then, I'm just a crazy command-line-only relic from the 70's. My
window manager is something that turns X11 into a glorified text
console. I don't do desktops at all. (Sometimes I chmod -w $HOME in
order to prevent Firefox from creating a Desktop subdir in my home.) So
I don't expect many to share my views on these things. :-P

Let's call it an accidental feature. -- Larry Wall