Const ref and rvalues again...

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Sun Nov 4 12:52:46 PST 2012

On Thursday, 18 October 2012 at 03:07:56 UTC, Malte Skarupke
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I realize that this has been discussed before, but so far there
> is no solution and this really needs to be a high priority:
>
> We need a way for a function to declare that it doesn't want
> it's argument to be copied, but it also doesn't care whether
> the argument is an rvalue or an lvalue.

I'm encountering this problem right now, and found this thread
while looking for a solution. In my case I'm forced into doubling
up some code, which is not what I want to be doing, so I agree
this item should be fixed. It would be nice to have something
like the proposed "auto ref" solution, like we have with return
values.

--rt