dcollections

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:13:36 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 6 November 2012 at 14:10:35 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Very naive question about dcollections 2.0 and std.container --
> what are the reasons why dcollections has had to be developed
> as a standalone library, and what's in the way of incorporating
> that functionality into Phobos?
>
> I have some potential use-cases where some of the not-in-Phobos
> stuff (e.g. sets) might be a good solution.  It'd clearly be
> much nicer to be able to rely purely on the standard library
> instead of something outside.  So, if there are some trivial
> things that can be done to get code transferred (e.g. if it's
> just a matter of time that people don't have), it'd be nice to
> know, in case I can do something to assist.
>
> Thanks & best wishes,
>
>     -- Joe

dcollections is Boost and the author fully supports moving
anything into Phobos, several existing came from dcollections.

The design of dcollections is at odds with the intended design of
std.collections. I believe it was Cursor vs Range. And much of
std.collections is waiting on finalization of what custom
allocators will look like.

... seems dsource is barfing...