DConf 2013 to be recorded

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 14:00:18 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 7 November 2012 at 21:38:58 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:11:19 -0800
> Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>> That'd work fine. It doesn't need to be 320 bit quality!

> Yup, AIUI mp3 was designed for voice anyway, that's why music
> needs to be cranked up to ridiculous bitrates to not sound
> shitty when you're using mp3 instead of a proper
> general-purpose audio codec like vorbis or aac.

  Both Vorbis and MP3 can be set as VBR (Variable Bit Rate),
however I would think that's post processing; If possible I would
think you get as high of quality as you can reasonably get, then
downgrade it afterwards. If you got 50Gb of space for audio, why
not record at 320kbits?

  Thank heavens for MPEG-4 (and AVC/h.264), otherwise video would
still be difficult to transmit over the internet at decent speeds.

  If I attend and that's very likely (unless something huge
happens... like my death...) then I would bring an external drive
or two, meaning drive space during the recording and time there
wouldn't be an issue; Although having a backup in case one of the
drives fails seems important at that point (losing the only copy
would be quite annoying to everyone).