How do you remove/insert elements in a dynamic array without allocating?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Nov 8 10:01:43 PST 2012

On Thursday, November 08, 2012 21:39:53 Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> The ugly truth is that std.container even the most primitive collections
> are not tested well enough.
>
> The stuff should have obligatory notes about it being *experimental*
> somewhere prominent so that people don't get tied strongly to its
> current behavior prematurely and don't get appalled because of the
> amount of bugs lurking inside.
>
> That and it being quite novel in general (sealed containers, only range
> iteration/insertion/removal etc.) more then justifies the *experimental*
> status.

I agree. And it's in definite need of an overhaul. It's a good start, but in
particular, all of the range stuff in it is completely new, and it definitely
needs work even just from an API standpoint. I expect that in some cases,
we're going to either have to break people's code or create std.container2 to
sort it out, and that's not even taking the custom allocators into account
(though depending, they may be able to be added without actually breaking any
code).

- Jonathan M Davis