[ ArgumentList ] vs. @( ArgumentList )

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Nov 8 11:34:07 PST 2012

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 14:27:14 -0500
Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:

> [...]Plus, I would imagine
> that library-implemented features would be slower to compile (simply
> because it's just that much more to be compiled).

Also, these particular sorts of things (compile time processing of
things that are in-library) essentially amount to executing interpreted
code to compile. Sure, that's very powerful, and very well worth having,
but should it really be done for very common features? For common
features, I'd imagine native non-"interpreted" support would help
compilation speed, which is one of D's major goals and benefits.
Suddenly interpreting large parts of the language might work against
that.