New language name proposal

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:39:31 PST 2012

On Thursday, 8 November 2012 at 20:23:13 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 November 2012 at 20:11:31 UTC, Flamaros wrote:
>> I like the actual name : D, but there is some issues with it.
>> D is just to small to be able to do a search on it on
>> internet, a lot of search engine just can't index correctly
>> something to small, and I think it's just normal.
> [...]
>
> http://dlang.org/faq#q1_1

Sorry I didn't see it.

But I am not really agree to say it's too late, it just depend on
how much we estimate the interest compared to the difficulty to
do it.
How many years it will take to be able to do a search on D that
isn't linked to the code? Like a job search, or anything else?
Maybe it's not necessary to change it in tools, but only on web
sites?
Why dlang.org and not d.org?

I think that a name change will affect the speed of the community
grow now, because the effect will be larger at the beginning.

I am french and D match really often with d' that is a prefix
word.