Getting rid of dynamic polymorphism and classes

Max Klyga email at domain.com
Thu Nov 8 13:43:31 PST 2012

On 2012-11-08 17:27:40 +0000, Tommi said:
> ..and it got me thinking, couldn't we just get rid of dynamic
> polymorphism and classes altogether?

Compiler can do a lot of optimizations with knowledge about classes.
Also it automates a lot things that would become boilerplate with
proposed manual setup of delegates for each object.

>      struct Shape // Represents an interface
>      {
>          std::function<void (int x, int y)>        resize;
>          std::function<void (int x, int y)>        moveTo;
>          std::function<bool (int r, int g, int b)> draw;
>      };

Dinamic polimorphism isn't gone anywhere, it was just shifted to delegates.

This approach complicates thing to much and produces template bloat
with no real benefit.