[RFC] Fix `object.destroy` problem

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Thu Nov 8 15:53:02 PST 2012

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 21:36:52 -0000, Denis Shelomovskij
<verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com> wrote:

> 08.11.2012 15:57, Regan Heath пишет:
>> On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 21:20:59 -0000, Denis Shelomovskij
>> <verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> IMHO we have a huge design problem with `object.destroy`.
>>>
>>> Please, carefully read "Now the worst thing with `object.destroy`"
>>> section of the pull 344 about it:
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/344
>>
>> I think you're missunderstood the purpose of "destroy" and I agree with
>> the comments here:
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/344#issuecomment-10160177

> Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't help as I think these comments are
> incorrect.

I realise that, I'm just letting you know what I think.

It doesn't help that the comments in the pull request are not clear as to
exactly what you think is wrong with the current behaviour.

Perhaps you could start by describing the current behaviour (try to avoid
emotive words like 'bad' etc and just concentrate on what it does).  Then,
you could describe each change you would make and why.  It's not clear to
me from the linked pull request just what you want to change and why.