What's C's biggest mistake?

Tommi tommitissari at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:18:38 PST 2012

On Thursday, 8 November 2012 at 18:45:35 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> Well, then read type declarations left-to-right. It's the
> strangest decision in design of golang to reverse type
> declarations. I always read byte[] as `byte array`, not `an
> array of bytes`.

How do you read byte[5][2] from left to right? "Byte arrays of 5
elements 2 times in an array". It's impossible. On the other
hand, [5][2]byte reads nicely from left to right: "Array of 5
arrays of 2 bytes". You start with the most important fact: that
it's an array. Then you start describing what the array is made
of.