UDAs - Restrict to User Defined Types?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Nov 8 22:20:16 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 10:03:03PM -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, November 08, 2012 21:49:52 Walter Bright wrote:
> > BTW, there's no compiler magic in the world that will statically
> > guarantee you have a non-buggy implementation of a range.

Yeah, that's one major missing feature from D/Phobos/etc.: a mixin
template called EliminateBugs that will fix all your program's bugs for
you. I think that should be the next top priority on D's to-do list! ;-)

> That's what unit tests are for. :)
[...]

Well, unittests are a runtime check, and they don't *guarantee*
anything. (One could, in theory, write a pathological pseudo-range that
passes basic unittests but fail to behave like a range in some obscure
corner case. Transient ranges would fall under that category, should we
decide not to admit them as valid ranges. :-))

But of course that's just splitting hairs.

Amateurs built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic.