Pyd thread

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Fri Nov 9 22:22:54 PST 2012

On Saturday, 10 November 2012 at 00:31:53 UTC, Ellery Newcomer
wrote:
> On 11/09/2012 07:03 AM, bearophile wrote:
>> An unusually positive thread on D:
>>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/12w2i4/have_you_used_python_with_d/
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>
> He's been writing python extensions in C; he *should* be happy
> :)
>
> btw, what's the status on druntime support for shared
> libraries? Pyd is kind of walking on thin ice until this is
> straightened out.

I'm also gambling that the dll issue will be resolved in a
reasonable amount of time, as the apps I'm building in D will
require it. I'll need ddl's that are dynamically linked, and
ddl's used as plugins that are dymaically loaded.

I'm currently working on Linux almost exclusively, which also has
the same problem.

Unfortunately, I'm very new to D, so I doubt at this stage I can
lend a hand to help solve problems like the dll issue. The best I
can do for now is report on compiler bugs that I'm finding.

--rt