[ ArgumentList ] vs. @( ArgumentList )

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Sat Nov 10 02:21:44 PST 2012

Am Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:28:40 +0100
schrieb deadalnix <deadalnix at gmail.com>:

> nothrow is already a keyword (which is really inconsistent). I'm not
> sure what it does buy us, and both safe and nothrow are good candidates
> for lib implementation rather than compiler support.

That requires that the compiler exposes all sorts of
statistical data for every statement. E.g. to check if nothrow
is violated you have to find statements that throw something
and then check if there is a catch block around that, that
catches it. If a statement is a function call, you would
ask the compiler if that function throws. (In particular if it
is a templated function with deduced 'nothrow' and '@safe').
And there you are at the point that you just duplicated the
compiler code in the library.

--
Marco