[OT] Ubuntu 12.10 guest in VirtualBox completely broken

Alix Pexton alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com
Sat Nov 10 03:30:44 PST 2012

On 10/11/2012 10:14, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I just wanted you all to know that running Ubuntu 12.10 as a guest in
> VirtualBox is completely broken. I update by guest system from 12.04 to
> 12.10 and it's so slow it's not usable. This is a known issue:
>
> https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/11107
>
> That issue contains a pre-release of VirtualBox, I tried that on Mac OS
> X and it broken the Ubuntu guest even more. No title bar on the windows
> or any window frame actually.

What a coincidence, I just installed VirtualBox and was looking for
advice on what distro of linux to install...

All I want to be able to do with my VM is be able to build GDC for my
RasPi (via all the hoops that are necessary to get cross compilation
working), not bothered about any GUI stuff or bells/whistles,
suggestions for a good distro to go with are welcome!

A...