precise gc?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sun Nov 11 03:13:45 PST 2012

On Saturday, 10 November 2012 at 22:17:10 UTC, eskimo wrote:
> What is the current state? Is it enough to store a pointer in a
> ptrdiff_t variable instead of a pointer for the GC to ignore it

For a precise GC (as in the thread title) yes, but not for the
current D GC.

> or is my
> current trick of simply inverting its value required?

You could use it, and come up with something else which also
works on x86, etc., but I'd look into storing your weak reference
(or whatever) in a page with the NO_SCAN attribute set. It will
cause the GC to ignore it entirely.

David