deprecate deprecated?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Nov 11 14:28:30 PST 2012

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 23:06:45 David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 November 2012 at 21:15:42 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > They're obviously not regulated, so just go for
> > typeof(vote).max. ;)
>
> I'm afraid this would backfire – assuming that votes are
> integral, if somebody else also supported the issue after me,
> then the votes would either be reset or we would have undefined
> behavior. ;)

No. This is D. It wouldn't be undefined at all. It would just wrap around to
typeof(vote).min. That should be completely defined for integral types (for
that matter, it's well-defined in C land too. It's just that you have issues
with the size of the type changing depending on which machine you compile on).
I'm not sure what happens with non-integral types though. I _was_ pretty much
assuming an integral type.

But yes, that would be a problem, because you would have nullified all future
votes. typeof(vote.max) / 2 it is then. ;)

- Jonathan M Davis