hashed array?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Nov 12 07:03:18 PST 2012

Andrej Mitrovic:

> I think we could really use some syntax support for sets.<

I don't agree. I think in D there is no real need for built-in
support for sets, despite built-ins are handy. It's better to
leave the compiler changes to things that can't be implemented in
library code, like a good syntax for tuple unpacking and other
things.

I think the only feature you can't implement in D is "full"
operator support for set comparisons, because currently D
operator overloading doesn't allow you to define ">=" and ">"
independently. But this is a minor limitation that doesn't
justify built-in sets.

Bye,
bearophile