I'm back

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Nov 12 14:56:17 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:28:14PM -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 11/12/12 11:45 AM, deadalnix wrote:
[...]
> >Topic on range transience probably, as it is almost concluded.
>
> I'm leaning toward doing nothing about this.
[...]

Please don't. This is an issue that *needs* to be addressed, one way or
another. Even if it's just to declare that transient ranges are illegal,
and move on with no code changes. Leaving things the way they are
currently only introduces subtle bugs and indeterminate behaviour, and
is not acceptable.

"A one-question geek test. If you get the joke, you're a geek: Seen on a California license plate on a VW Beetle: 'FEATURE'..." -- Joshua D. Wachs - Natural Intelligence, Inc.