Undefined identifier WIN32_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DATA

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Tue Nov 13 06:00:10 PST 2012

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:21:06 -0000, Martin Drasar <drasar at ics.muni.cz>
wrote:

> On 13.11.2012 12:41, Regan Heath wrote:
>>> Hi Regan,
>>>
>>> rdmd --eval="import std.file;" --main
>>>
>>> Environment: DMD32 D Compiler v2.060, Windows 7 Pro 32bit
>>
>> I get no errors, in fact I get no output at all from that command line.
>>
>> Environment: DMD32 D Compiler v2.060, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

> Hmm,
>
> that is might strange. I have just downloaded D installer from the
> website, installed it on Windows 7 Pro 64bit and ran the command and
> this is what I got:
>
>> std.cpuid has been deprecated. It will be removed in January 2013.
>> Please use co
>> re.cpuid instead.
>> C:\Program Files\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\file.d(530):
>> Error: und
>> efined identifier WIN32_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DATA
>
> Which is exactly the same error I have on 32bit machine.

Curiouser and curiouser.  In my case I had (re)built phobos/druntime so,
suspecting it might be causing issues I download a fresh copy of the
installer, moved my old installation folder and replaced it with the new
one.

I still don't get any output/errors.

If I add --force to the command line given, I get the std.cpuid
deprecation warning, but no other output.

I stripped my PATH right back to just about nothing and that made no
difference.

Can you get the same errors running dmd directly?  I can't seem to get it
to output the deprecation message..