D wiki

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Nov 13 06:51:59 PST 2012

On 11/13/12 3:23 AM, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Buna Andrei,
>
> I initiated a discussion[1] about the state of the D wiki[2].
>
> [1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/k6jak1$quh$1@digitalmars.com
> [2] http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d
>
> There were three people agreeing that the current wiki engine might be a
> cause for the bad state of the content. Nobody wants to use this engine.
>
> Tobias Pankrath proposed the github wiki engine (free software[3]) and I
> agreed that it would be best to just enable the wiki in a new project at the
> D github account[4].
>
> [3] https://github.com/github/gollum
> [4] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language
>
> Now we need a decision on this issue and probably somebody to turn on the
> github wiki.
>
> Multumesc, Thomas Koch

I think that's a great idea. I'm not a frequent user of our Wiki, but
e.g. for DIPs it's nice to have a better engine. I don't see why Walter
would oppose a change.

The only thing we need to worry about is preserving links lest Google
search pagerank gets lost. Is it possible to keep the old link convention?

Andrei