D wiki

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:16:30 PST 2012

On 11/13/12, Thomas Koch <thomas at koch.ro> wrote:
> Now we need a decision on this issue

I think we need a proper discussion and a vote, not a decision yet. We
should try and evaluate the wikis that are out there before settling
for github right away. For one thing http://prowiki.org is pretty
fast, whereas GitHub seems to be hosted in the States and is slower to
access in Europe (it sure is slower to access for me compared to more
popular websites, but that might not be true for others of course..).

And I think searchability is really important (prowiki sometimes sucks
at this, but github is worse). The biggest problem I see with prowiki
is the spamming issue.

Can gollum make nice colorized tables like this?
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?GuiLibraries Note also how the text
reflows when you resize the window, I never see that happening with
github wikis, they seem to be fixed in size.

It's too bad ProWiki is in Perl, if it was written in D we could
contribute to it and modify it to our own needs.