Growing a Language (applicable to @attribute design)

renoX renozyx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 01:49:41 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 14 November 2012 at 00:54:07 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
[cut]
> Guy makes the argument that users need to be able to extend the
> vocabulary of a language and have those new words look like
> built-in ones. We have that today, of course, with the ability
> of defining new types. There is no special syntax that says
> "this is a user-defined type, not a keyword."

That's not strictly true: type inference works better for
built-in types than for user-defined types, with "auto x = 1;" x
is an int, how do I have the same type of syntax for MyInt?
AFAIK I can't, that's why I have mixed feelings towards type
inference..

BR,
renoX