Something needs to happen with shared, and soon.

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Wed Nov 14 02:49:22 PST 2012

Am 14.11.2012 11:42, schrieb Walter Bright:
> On 11/14/2012 1:23 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> Could you please give an example where it would break?
>
> Thread 1:
>    1. create shared object
>    2. pass reference to that object to Thread 2
>    3. destroy object
>
> Thread 2:
>    1. manipulate that object

But for passing a reference to a value type you would have to use a
pointer, correct? And pointers are a unsafe feature anyway...
I don't see your point.

And if the use of pointers is allowed, I can make the same case break in
a single threaded environment without shared.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut