[RFC] A huge problem with Github diff

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:20:26 PST 2012

On 11/14/12, Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
> Personally, I always have my Tortoise* tools set up to use Beyond
> Compare.

Beyond Compare for the win.

I agree GitHub's diff isn't that good. But even BitBucket has fallen
into the frenzy of adding special effects. The side-by-side option on
BitBucket animates a new window into view, fades out the rest of the
screen to black, and gives you the diff without any syntax
highlighting (only the diffed characters are in color). And then you
press escape and wait 2 seconds for the glorious fade-out effect. It's
like I'm in Minority Report.