I'm back

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 05:20:33 PST 2012

On Thursday, 15 November 2012 at 12:57:24 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> It's looking like this comes down to either banning ranges with
> transient
> fronts entirely (and changing how ByLine and ByChunk work), or
> we're going to
> have to deal with quirks like array(map!"a.dup"(file.byLine()))
> not working
> whereas array(map!"a.idup"(file.byLine())) does work.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I still say this could be "simply" solved the same way we solved
the "size_t" indexing problem: Only ranges that have
non-transient elements are guaranteed supported by phobos
algorithms/functions.

Everything else: Use at your own risk.