Verified documentation comments

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 12:58:30 PST 2012

Am Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:15:15 +0100
schrieb Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com>:

> Doing semantics in comments is beyond overkill.

They are DDoc and attached to a symbol. I've seen IDEs give
information on errors in documentation comments on the fly.
If at some point we can also automatically document thrown
exceptions I'm happy :)
I'm all for compiler warnings where they are cheap. Why wait
for someone to tell you, that your documentation has obvious
errors that could have been statically checked during its
generation ?
Let's add this as a nice-to-have on the new Wiki. Someone who
is interested in hacking on DMD can pick it up then.

--
Marco