A simple question

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Thu Nov 15 20:15:20 PST 2012

On Friday, 16 November 2012 at 03:41:45 UTC, Stugol wrote:
>> Event_t e2;        // Will compile!
>
> Yeah but that kinda blows, doesn't it?

I found it surprising or unintuitive that the !() is required,
and I do want to know what is the reasoning behind it, but it's
not that big of a deal because the power that "alias" gives you
is amazing, and makes a problem like this go away once you start
using it correctly. Also don't loose sight of the fact that D has
a whole lot more that is good than is bad. I find the better a
language is I actually get more picky about things that I don't
like. A garbage language is, well garbage, so I tend to care much
less if it sucks. So to see me complain, is actually a good
thing, it means I like it and want to see if get better.

--rt