@property needed or not needed?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 22:12:56 PST 2012

On Monday, 19 November 2012 at 06:02:06 UTC, Rob T wrote:

> I also see that there's a compiler option "-property" that
> currently is not recognized, but is supposed to "enforce use of
> @property on property functions".
>
> So what's up with @property? Is it being depreciated for being
> redundant, or will it later be strictly enforced, or is it to
> be optionally enforced through a compiler switch?

I don't recall seeing anything about @property being deprecated.
The intention of the -property switch is to, IIRC, ease the
transition to the ultimate full-time enforcement of the @property
attribute. Enforcement is off by default. At some point, it will
be turned on by default at which point the -property switch will
no longer be necessary. I usually compile with -property and
AFAIK it is functioning as intended. I've gotten errors in the
past when it was enabled.