Bulding latest DMD and associated projects from github master

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Mon Nov 19 11:50:22 PST 2012

On Monday, 19 November 2012 at 19:02:18 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen
wrote:

> Updated the blog post, thanks.

There's errors/incompleteness with the following:

> Next, we build Phobos, which is the standard library containing
> facilities for concurrency, regular expressions, I/O, signals,
> math, text manipulation, and so on:
>
> cp /usr/src/phobos;
> gmake -f posix.mak MODEL=64 DMD=../dmd/src/dmd;

You should tell the user to cd into the correct folder first, and
fix the cp command which is missing the source component.

Excellent instructions otherwise, and a copy of these
instructions should be included along with the sources. We'll
also need a version for building & installing on Windows which is
also absent from the sources.

--rt