@property needed or not needed?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Nov 19 20:12:54 PST 2012

On 11/19/12 5:23 PM, Rob T wrote:
> I don't have an answer, but there may be more to the picture than we think.

I agree. In particular I find it a specious argument to insist on
religiously associating "()" with function calling and the lack thereof
with variable access. I don't see myself, when seeing an expression like
"generator(x, y, z).map!(x => x * x)()", going like "holy cow, good I
saw those trailing parens, otherwise I would've sworn it was a
variable". Trailing parens in UFCS chains are just warts, this is the
reality. Let's deal with it.

Andrei