Bret Victor - Inventing on Principle

renoX renozyx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 01:54:43 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 20 November 2012 at 04:30:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 11/19/12 7:50 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 11/19/2012 6:26 AM, Regan Heath wrote:
>>> Hope no-one minds..
>>>
>>> I stumbled across this video which I thought was pretty darn
>>> cool:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUv66718DII
>>
>> Can you give us a summary or synopsis?
>
> "Worth watching."
>
> Andrei

Usually I dislike watching videos instead of slides, but this
time I agree.
I think that this video is about giving instantaneous feedback to
users and what they can gain from it: so slides aren't "good
enough" here.

That said, when he plays with numeric values in the code, I can't
help thinking: this is wrong there shouldn't be "magical"
numerical value in the code as this is not maintainable/readable.

renoX