Is there interest in a std.http?

Nicolas Sicard dransic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 04:12:26 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 20 November 2012 at 03:49:57 UTC, Tyler Jameson
Little wrote:
> Would a minor refactor of vibe.d be acceptable? This is pretty
> much what I'm looking for:
>
> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/blob/master/source/vibe/http/common.d
> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/blob/master/source/vibe/http/server.d
>
> Except that I'd remove some parts of it, like JSON parsing.
>
> I think that vibe.d could benefit from moving some of the code
> there into Phobos. I guess it comes down to whether it makes
> sense to make a standard HTTP library.

BTW, the actual JSON module in viba.data.json in richer in
functionality and easier to use than the one in std.json. The
module has virtually no dependency on other parts of vibe.d. I
whish it was also moved to Phobos or at least inspired a
refactoring of std.json.

Nicolas