Is there interest in a std.http?

jerro a at a.com
Tue Nov 20 07:51:13 PST 2012

> whereas libev is Linux-specific IIRC.

Libev is a polling abstraction. It has select, epoll and kqueue
backends (and there may be others I don't know about). So it is
particulary useful for unices, where epoll (linux) and kqueue
(OSX and BSD) are preferred async IO mechanisms. It can also be
used on Windows, but with the select() backend, which doesn't
scale well with many file descriptors. select() is also limited
to 64 file descriptors by default on windows IIRC (that limit can
be raised, but only to 4096 if I am not mistaken).