Google Fight - D vs Go

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Nov 20 14:52:59 PST 2012

This probably doesn't mean all that much, but I find it interesting that Go is
only slightly ahead of D when comparing d programming and go programming, and
D is only slightly ahead of Go when comparing "d programming and "go
programming":

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=d+programming&word2=go+programming
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=%22d+programming%22&word2=%22go+programming%22

The hit count when using parens is pretty low though. Regardless, I find it
somewhat interesting that D and Go are getting such similar search results in
terms of numbers. Given that it's from google, I would have expected Go to do
better than it's doing in comparison to us (though it's quite possible that
the search for Go is returning more useful hits).

- Jonathan M Davis