Bulding latest DMD and associated projects from github master

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Nov 22 05:51:14 PST 2012

On 11/19/2012 08:02 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Updated the blog post, thanks.

The one other issue I had with those instructions -- you talk of copying
dmd.conf into /etc, but I've never come across a dmd.conf anywhere in the dmd
source tree.

I created one manually following instructions somewhere on dlang.org or
digitalmars.com (I forget where), which I've attached; as you'll see, this is
based on my installing everything in /opt/dmd rather than /usr/local.  However,
I've never found any way to auto-generate the dmd.conf file.

Also, am I right that there are also man-files for dmd included in the source?
Might be worth including a note on how to build and install those.