Bulding latest DMD and associated projects from github master

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Nov 22 12:40:06 PST 2012

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 14:51:14 Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 11/19/2012 08:02 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> > Updated the blog post, thanks.
>
> The one other issue I had with those instructions -- you talk of copying
> dmd.conf into /etc, but I've never come across a dmd.conf anywhere in the
> dmd source tree.

Yeah. For some reason, it's not in the dmd repository like it should be. There
are a number of things that are not properly automated about the release
process and which only Walter has access to (which is why we get issues like
old source files being left in new releases of dmd). Andrei makes a stink about
it every release, but AFAIK, Walter has yet to do anything to make it so that
anyone other than him could create the zip file for a release.

- Jonathan M Davis