WinAPI for druntime and OpenGL for deimos.

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 03:15:41 PST 2012

I'm translating OpenGL headers, taken from opengl.org (glcorearb.h,
glext.h, wglext.h, glxext.h) and I'm going to translate WinAPI headers (all
except DirectX and deprecated, like winsock1) after that.

As we all know, the WinAPI binding in druntime as well as the static
libraries of WinAPI, which come with DMD are in horrendous state.

I can translate the headers with a bunch of moderately complex regexp
search/replace operations, some manual tweaks and compilations with RDMD to
ensure correctness.

The questions are:
    1. Can the DMD folks update the static libraries for WinAPI, so they
match with what I'm gonna submit for druntime?
    2. What requirements are there (except keeping WinAPI names unmodified)
for the translated headers to end up in druntime?
    3. Can the deimos folks please make an OpenGL repo so I can place my
translated headers in there? Yes, I know the rules of deimos.

--
Bye,
Gor Gyolchanyan.