WinAPI for druntime and OpenGL for deimos.

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 05:10:45 PST 2012

Derelict is not a direct binding it contains lots of tools to automatically
load symbols from DLLs and call library initialization and finalization
routines. That takes a while to make. Direct translations do not change
anything and do not add anything. When done correctly (checked by compiling
it) the code cannot be broken, since the underlying API is already tested
by the respective developers.

I'll look into the opportunity to refactor the dsource.org WinAPI binding,
because it's much closer to reality then Derelict. In that case It'll take
a few hours to finish (quite fast). Would you suggest me to send a pull
request to druntime with the new modules? How long will it take to be
merged?

If the only problem with Deimos is the speed at which libraries end up
there, why not make the review process more loose and allow the code to be
submitted and then fixed as necessary? It would be much more useful, then
just having nothing at all.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com

--
Bye,