WinAPI for druntime and OpenGL for deimos.

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri Nov 23 08:32:16 PST 2012

On Friday, 23 November 2012 at 12:57:01 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> I'll also say that IMO the concept of Deimos turns out to be a
> bad idea, and I'm not alone in thinking this.

I don't think I agree with you here. The idea of Deimos, i.e. a
central repository of "no-fluff" C bindings (which are relatively
static in nature anyway), is not bad at all. It is just the
execution that could be improved.

For example, yes, I think it would definitely make sense to give
the original authors push access after an initial review. And
yes, a unified directory structure is sorely needed to get the
most out of the Deimos concept.

But still, I don't see why this would make Deimos a bad idea at
all.

David