WinAPI for druntime and OpenGL for deimos.

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Fri Nov 23 09:51:03 PST 2012

On Friday, 23 November 2012 at 16:32:17 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On Friday, 23 November 2012 at 12:57:01 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
> wrote:
>> I'll also say that IMO the concept of Deimos turns out to be a
>> bad idea, and I'm not alone in thinking this.
>
> I don't think I agree with you here. The idea of Deimos, i.e. a
> central repository of "no-fluff" C bindings (which are
> relatively static in nature anyway), is not bad at all. It is
> just the execution that could be improved.
>
> For example, yes, I think it would definitely make sense to
> give the original authors push access after an initial review.
> And yes, a unified directory structure is sorely needed to get
> the most out of the Deimos concept.
>
> But still, I don't see why this would make Deimos a bad idea at
> all.
>
> David

Deimos seems like a great idea to me too, and I also agree it
will need to be re-organized to allow updates to happen a lot
faster. I can understand being overly cautious with the language
and compiler, but C bindings are not in the same category by a
long shot and need to be maintained by the people who actually
use them.

--rt