compiler for ubuntu x86-64

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:02:59 PST 2012

On Friday, 23 November 2012 at 17:56:49 UTC, Mark Morss wrote:
> Am I right that there is no dmd binary available for my
> machine??  I only see i386 and amd64 options when I look at the
> binary download options.

amd64 and x86-64 are the same thing, so this should work:
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd_2.060-0_amd64.deb

> Apparently a build of dmd from source is impossible because the
> dmd backend is proprietary?  (This would seem to me to be a
> stumbling block to D's acceptance, but that is not my concern.)

No, the complete source comes in the dmd zip. Just grab that,
unzip it, then go to dmd2/src/dmd and run make -f posix.mak.

Here's the zip download:
https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.060.zip

The zip includes binaries and source for all platforms.

I think the source is in the .deb too but I'm not sure (I haven't
actually used it)